best airline to australia with best legroom

Going through the Middle East makes most sense - It's quicker, primarily because it involves two flights rather than three.

But neither Etihad nor Emirates have a Premium Economy.

I looked at them and perhaps booking the extra legroom seats but it would cost just as much as premium economy and you don't get as much room. It seems as if BA or Cathay Pacific are the only ones who do premium economy.

just an request an aisle seat. I'm back from Perth on Ethiad and had 3 seats just for me - I had a letter to say I had a back condition.

Try www.seatguru.com this will show you the good and bad seats on the aircraft. The key to using the site is to identify the version of aircraft you are flying. You'll get this from the airlines timetable or when you are making a booking and are on the page to select a seat. Premium economy has a price which is getting closer to the price of business class. Singapore Airlines have just launched premium economy but on limited routes.

Thanks for the replies. Have been on seat guru and checked out cost of booking exit seats which adds about 500 onto the trip and may not be available for all segments. This brings the cost up to premium economy. Have decided to pay the extra so we know exactly what we are getting rather than reply on chance.

Who are you flying with? BA premium economy is sweet! Flew to the Caribbean on it a few years ago, and now will never fly in anything but premium economy for a flight over 8 hours. For me it's worth it. USA carriers premium is pretty much just leg room, but BA's is a wider seat, loads of leg room, better meal, and separate section on plane (usually).

I've gone to Oz premium economy with BA & Qantas (wasn't flying to Sydney so couldn't do BA all the way) I would highly recommend it. Considerably more comfortable. You basically get the same elbow room as business class, same meal options and plenty of leg room (no lie-flat but it is definitely possible to sleep) It is expensive, but I definitely thought it was worth it and I'll do it again. It is closer to a business service than a premium economy.

I've also done economy on Etihad from Australia to Dublin via Dubai (as per Gordon Gekko it is a relatively speedy journey because you only have two flights). The first leg was probably one of my worst long hauls ever, topped off by a non-functional television and no alternative provided. I had elected to sit towards the back as there are fewer seats and they can often be chosen last so you might get lucky but I didn't and as it turned out, what it meant was dreadful service. One thing I did do on that trip though was stop over in Dubai. The rest was very welcome and it made a massive difference to my journey not to be just transferring immediately. A proper bed for the night, a walk around the city and a trip to the spice and gold markets in Deira.

First leg ethiad is long and on both that and emirates tv is dire. However the flight times are good and i was able to replicate normal sleep pattern. On the flight out i had the row beside the kitchen and there was only one seat with nothing in front. Literally 3 metres to next curtain. As I said I had a letter to say I had a back condition. This is true but not current but seemed to allow for easier access. Btw if you go ba or others through singapore i would recommend booking a capsule hotel.

I flew Thai via London & Bangkok ( had a stopover in BKK) - I wouldn't recommend them. I heard good things about Cathay & Singapore.

The "directness" and time saving of Emirates and Etihad outweigh any upside associated with three leg routes via Asia.

Go for a window seat on the 777 - The person in the aisle seat gets knocked a lot due to the cramped cabin.

There is some great deals with Quatar - [broken link removed] - only snag is the return is just to London, but if you price return to Manchester, there is a better selection of connecting flights. I have no idea what their legroom is like.

Back