BER - energy rating cert ? how much

Maid Upname

i wish to go about obtaining a BER Cert for a rental property - have any of you done this so far ?
if so could you give me an idea of how much it costs and if there is a list somewhere of consultants who 'do' it ? (Galway)

Thanks !

All Assessors are listed on the Sustainable Energy Ireland website: . There's no regulation of prices so it's best to shop around - for more info on things to consider when commissioning a report take a look at my 'Are you BER ready?' article in the blog section at www.livingroom.ie

should cost about 300e for your average 3 bed semi - give or take a few quid.

Got house BER for 255 euro incl VAT from [broken link removed]

We got a BER done on an investment house (3 bed Semi) in Tullamore.

The fee was €200 (including VAT & SEI Fee).

Before the report was issued the Engineer gave us tips to improve the rating, our 2002 house got a B3 instead of a C1.

Could you please share the tips that you have been asked to do by your Engineer prior to doing the report.

Hi,

used crowd from Dublin - [broken link removed] quick, professional and reasoable price (paid
€ 195 total for 3 bed apartment.

I have a chap that travels aroung Ireland doing BER's,
His name is Jason 086 8495955. he's very on time and fast turn around as I have a lot of contacts in my game, its hard to come across a person that can get the job done.. cost wise It depends Apartment's pending on how many? same with house's etc....hope this helps...

Folks

Be very careful about basing your decision on recommendations from first time or new posters

Brendan

a 2 bed apartment for 225 plus vat in Dublin.....includes sei fee.......also got a 3 bed house done for 315 plus vat....shopped around but also wanted someone who knew what they were doing!! the guy that did them told me there were taxi drivers at his course who thought they just needed to turn up to get the qualification!!

a 2 bed apartment for 225 plus vat in Dublin.....includes sei fee.......also got a 3 bed house done for 315 plus vat....shopped around but also wanted someone who knew what they were doing!! the guy that did them told me there were taxi drivers at his course who thought they just needed to turn up to get the qualification!!

seems strange when you look at this from SEI website

Pre qualification requirements
As a pre-qualification for entry to all dedicated BER courses, successful applicants must have an appropriate construction related qualification, at least a Level 6 Award (Advanced Certificate/Higher Certificate) in construction studies or other cognate discipline or equivalent. Equivalence may be determined as a combination of an appropriate construction-related qualification and significant relevant experience. All candidates must have adequate Information Technology skills to at least European Computer Driver Licence START standard or equivalent.

I paid €195 for a 2 bed apartment on the south side in Dublin included VAT was the cheapest I found. It was an auctioneers company that did it.

Pre qualification requirements
As a pre-qualification for entry to all dedicated BER courses, successful applicants must have an appropriate construction related qualification, at least a Level 6 Award (Advanced Certificate/Higher Certificate) in construction studies or other cognate discipline or equivalent. Equivalence may be determined as a combination of an appropriate construction-related qualification and significant relevant experience. All candidates must have adequate Information Technology skills to at least European Computer Driver Licence START standard or equivalent.

Ha ha ! I have over 25 years construction experience but worried I would be under quallifed, there were people from all walks of life on the course, many who didnt know how to so much as read a tape measure....strangely they all passed and the training providers pocketed a princely 35 grand for a weeks work.

Hi Tullamore

Can you give me contact details for whoever did your BER cert? I need to get one done in the midlands. Thanks.

BER training, if the trainers accepted unqualified people on the course does that not invalidate the whole course for ALL the attendees? And it is in fact fraud. Are you sure the other people were unqualified?

noah

You are supposed to have some sort of craft qualification. No check is done by the instructors.
If they pass the course and can do the job I can't see an issue.

Here is a list of requirements.

"As a pre-qualification for entry to all dedicated BER courses, successful applicants must have an appropriate construction related qualification, at least a Level 6 Award (Advanced Certificate/Higher Certificate) in construction studies or other cognate discipline or equivalent. Equivalence may be determined as a combination of an appropriate construction-related qualification and significant relevant experience. All candidates must have adequate Information Technology skills to at least European Computer Driver Licence START standard or equivalent."

The word "qualification" is used throughout and this to me siginifies that the applicants have written proof of their qualification ie a "certificate".

Anyone attending without these qualifications is a fra

noah

I recently enquired about doing the course and no mention was ever made about qualifications. It seemed to me that once you had the money you were in.

Just wondering -
Is it possible to appeal a BER ?
Are they held on a public database or is it just a certificate.
Is this a makey-uppy job that a purchasers surveyor would advise on regardless.

Back