Benmadigan Rd, Drimnagh, for a family

passenger

Hello,

I'm looking to get a house in Benmadigan Rd, Drimnagh, close to St John Bosco FC pitch. Coming from the north-central Dublin , I can see similar benefits of the area, as the closeness to the city, Luas etc. However, I'm wondering what is the area like, is there a community spirit present, are there safety issues, burglaries etc? I have 3 teenagers, so I'm more concerned about their safety than my own.

Thanks a lot

Hear people talking about very good community spirit but still a relative of mine moved out of Drimnagh some years back because he said he was sick and tired of the anti-social behaviour there. It was quite a distance from where you mention. He was up nearer to the hospital.

I understand that there is or maybe was a dreadful problem with parking on nearby Galtymore Road. Many apartments were built and not enough parking spaces provided. Benmadigan may be far enough away from Galtymore but you could possibly have an overflow. There is and has been for a long time a serious parking problem around the hospital.

This incident did give the general area a bad name many years ago but sure that could happen anywhere in Dublin. I have other relatives living on Carrow Road and don't appear to have a problem.

Back