Wrong forum Beneavin - Is it Finglas or Glasnevin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxylady

Can anyone tell if Beneavin is Finglas or Glasnevin I am getting mixed reports all round even when I google it

It says its Glasnevin Dublin 11. Check property website for homes there and they generally say eg Beneavin Park, Glasnevin, D11

Which would you trust, a web site populated with data supplied by EA's or one from the postman : [broken link removed]

As Towger says, go by An Post.

This a very common ploy by EAs etc to increase desirability of properties - or reduce undesirability, depends what way you look at it.

Kimmage/Crumlin is another one IIRC.

It's in Finglas unless you are trying to sell a house there.

:) Yep, probably sums it up alright.

I would be concerned if it is Finglas when Finglas hasnt exactly got the best reputation

All over Dublin, boundaries are being redefined because people think one area has a better reputation than another. Glasnevin has subsumed parts of Finglas and Ballymun, and is far bigger than it used to be. Some of Kimmage has gone into Terenure, and another part has joined Harold's Cross. Templeogue has become huge.

None of this really matters. A neighbourhood suits you or it doesn't, and whether Beneavin is in Finglas or in Glasnevin is unimportant: it's still Beneavin, and the house and the neighbours would be the same. And what's wrong with calling it "Beneavin, Dublin 11"?

I would be concerned if it is Finglas when Finglas hasnt exactly got the best reputation

If you knew you the area you would know there is a big difference from certain parts of Finglas. It is a well settled and apart from the main road a very quiet area.

Foxylady
I was driving around the same area myself a few weeks ago because I was considering Glasnevin and had spotted a house in Beneavin but even when you're there in Beneavin it's hard to see what kind of area it is or even where it starts and ends. It looks grand, but as with plenty of places, some bits are nicer than others, even the nice bits, you are still very close to Finglas, does that matter? I found it very difficult to know what you would be getting into if you bought there. For instance the area I live now is so mixed that some estates right beside eachother are quite different, there would be streets you would want to buy on and others that you wouldn't. I don't know how someone who doesn't know the area would be able to recognise this.
A

If your concern is whether the area is nice to live in or not then it's irrelevant whether it is finglas or glasnevin. Being one or the other doesn't necessarily make a place good or bad, it's only an address and like you say addresses don't count for much since locations with the same address can be so mixed. So I think you are wrong focusing on the Finglas / Glasnevin question - basically it doesn't matter, it doesn't change what the road you want to buy on is like??

If your concern is whether the area is nice to live in or not then it's irrelevant whether it is finglas or glasnevin. Being one or the other doesn't necessarily make a place good or bad, it's only an address and like you say addresses don't count for much since locations with the same address can be so mixed. So I think you are wrong focusing on the Finglas / Glasnevin question - basically it doesn't matter, it doesn't change what the road you want to buy on is like??

It makes a difference to the price

If you don't want to live in an area because it may be called Finglas, don't buy in Beneavin.
Strangely enough I would buy in Beneavin quicker than I would in Ferndale as Ferndale runs down into Finglas East around the girls school there and the back of Johnstown Park which imo is an undesireable location.
Beneavin is fine as it is cut off at the lads school at Ballygall Road East which is grand as its a main road.

If you are looking for a nice area around there and have an issue with Beneavin I would suggest Hillcrest, Willow Park or Pinewood. Most of which are regarded as Glasnevin...

I hope this helps...

Glasnevin is in Dublin 9. Anything outside of D9 is not officially Glasnevin regardless of what the EAs say.

Saw a van today on my drive to work and it said Beneavin Glass and Glazing and a Finglas Dublin 11 address. So it seems Beneavin Glasnevin was an EA invention?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back