Benbulin Road, Drimnagh

newcomer

Hello Everyone, im new here,so hope im doing this right. I thinking about buying a house on this road. I don't live a million miles from Drimnagh, know only a few roads from driving throught, & im unsure of this road. Have been up a few times during the day & night & it seems quiet enough. . .but i am still undecided.
Any advise or views on this road would be great, Thanks.

Re: Benbulblin Road, Drimnagh

Hi, It depends on what part of the road that you are considering....I.e at the park end there is a lot of problems for residents with ''antics and antisocial behaviour'' inside the park, mostly after dark and at the Shop end ( this is where 2 polish men were recently stabbed to death) there are a lot of kids loitering, Then there is the ''Pub end'' and this causes its own problems...
I am from Drimnagh myself but moved out a couple of years ago, and glad I did.
But This is only my own opinion
Regards

Hiya inspector, its the park end. Yeah i thought the park might cause a few problems alright.
Thanks for your opinion anyway.

There is a small section between Lissadel Drive and Mourne road that would prob be the best over all.....
Good luck in whatever you decide.

Hi,
I'm very similar to newcomer and looking at buying around Drimnagh, crumlin, rialto, Inchicore. As I live in Rialto, am fairly familiar with the decent areas around it and Inchicore, but am totally clueless as to what areas are decent in Drimnagh and Crumlin, or more importantly, what should be avoided!! Any advice? I would be more comfortable with sticking near Rialto, cos that's where i know, but is that wise??

in drimnagh the best areas are away from rialto! i.e. top end of galtmore, cooley, mourne (upper end), masgerton, comeragh, brandon, dromard.....but to be honest most roads in the old council areas are good too, keep away from around brickfield park and around the newish social housing at lissadell.

Drimnagh is a great area imo. any more queries give me a shout

Hi there, I'm also looking at buying in Drimnagh/Crumlin and have looked at a house on Benmadigan. Also going to see a house this week opposite the shops on Galtymore. Any opinions on these areas that might help my decision? Thanks!

would prefer galtymore myself but parking at the shops can be a pain during the day

I live in an ex-corpo house in Inchicore and while I bought it 7 years ago, I think that alot of the lessons I learned when looking still apply.

For me, the biggest source of nuisance you will face in these areas come from kids who loiter as a result of having nothing to do.... they typically choose to hang around areas such as; the parks, shops, pubs and on the junctions between streets / roads.
Therefore, I would avoid buying a house near one of these 'attractions' as otherwise you will have kids; loitering outside your house or sitting on your wall / car bonnet which for me is really annoying....

Best of luck with your search.

Back