being nice gets you nowhere

i agree with what everyone is saying just if u notice a customer in a restaraunt isnt happy with their meal will be more likely to receive a drink on the house or something sent out or whatever if they cause enough of a fuss, to avoid a scene or discomfort to other patrons, a person who calmly says they would like to mention a reason that they are not happy, alot of the time, they receive an apology and nothing more.
I would love to conduct a study on this?
as for what goes around comes around...dont believe in that, bad things happen to good people for no reason at all

Am gonna go home and watch a good happy dvd to cheer myself up :D
or ill just walk up to a randomer and ask for a big hug to restore my faith in niceness haha

The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Blossy, nice things happen to nice people....OK, not strictly true, BUT they do tend to be the type of people who have friends and family around them to help them when the not-so-nice things happen.

I kinda believe in karma and I firmly believe that these things come back to bit you. I'm not saying you need to be a walkover, but treat others as you'd like to be treated.

And remember, for whatever reason, some people are just miserable & impossible to please. There is someone who works at a local public facility and I have NEVER seen her smile - I've challenged myself to get a "nice" reaction out of her....always give her a big smile, hello, how are you....always get a grunt back!!!

Blossy, nice things happen to nice people....OK, not strictly true, BUT they do tend to be the type of people who have friends and family around them to help them when the not-so-nice things happen!!

very good point, as they say i guess...it can be lonely at the top.
so i suppose if the point is that being nasty can get you further, u can end up there alone! made me feel better now!!! :D

MandaC I'm glad you've got through your situation which can't have been easy. You are obviously better off without that other person, sound like you deserve much better. Bet it has made you a much stronger person too.

MandaC I'm glad you've got through your situation which can't have been easy. You are obviously better off without that other person, sound like you deserve much better. Bet it has made you a much stronger person too.

Tough at the time, but can laugh about it now the way it happened. Unfortunately, I had my rose coloured specs on at the time. Somebody was looking down on me though and it was really for the best, as I was very close to making what could have been a very costly mistake financially for me! So some good always comes out of every situation.

MandaC - you sound like a very nice girl :) and yes it will get you places, loads of friends for starters, no body wants to be around someone horrid.

Hi Blossy a good read of The Secret is what you need ! I am a big believer in karma and if that lady you hit is acting the maggot then she will get a big dose of bad karma in the future !

Being the opening day of the Olympics, the following chinese expression comes to mind. If you sit on the riverbank long enough , the bodies of your enemies will float past you!!!

Unfortunately when it is a family member it is hard to escape them. We have a family member who can bring you "down" within minutes. It has got to the stage where you don't visit this person toward the weekend as you are guaranteed to have your weekend ruined.

I agree, a negative person can put years on you whereas a nice person can lift your mood.

I don't know if anyone shops in Superquinn, Lucan? There is a man who works on the fish counter there who has a fantastic sunny disposition and lovely way about him. You could never be in a bad mood talking to him!

Theres a funny saying I saw on something "The more I meet people, the more I like my dog"!!!

or i'll just walk up to a randomer and ask for a big hug to restore my faith in niceness haha

When people are holding things against you, then solve it by finding someone to hold against you.

Hee Hee, I should write lyrics for country and western songs..

Back