being made redundant

narkyhead

Hi all,
I am going to be made redundant in october and am trying to get a good package. The current package is not great so anybody out there who got a good deal from their former employer both in terms of redundancy and benefits that the company gave also I would be most appreciative to hear how good or bad your former employer was. I can only say that i work for a big company in ireland. Looking forward to hearing what you think is good package also

What is the package? Are you the only one being made redundant, or a group of you?

Lots of Companies are saying there is no money and that the banks won't lend to fund redundancy even though its part of a survival pan for the company. So the statutory is only offer on the table and most of it is funded by the Government. If this is the case then expect 6-9 months waiting to get it.

diziet
No I am not the only one, there are more than 300 people involved the package for the industry is 6+2 capped at two years. It might sound like a good package but anybody involved with the company after 13 years is going to be at a loss of years of service after 13 years. In some cases people are in their 40's and 50's possibly will not get another job. vhi benefits will be lost also and there will not be a lot of scope for tax back as the end of the year will be upon us shortly after that.

I think you need to talk to your fellow poster buddy "onetheup" - he has a similar thread with the same "problem".

What do you mean by a " loss of years service after 13 years " ? It's called losing your job, as many people have found out over the years ( including myself I might add )

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]
there will not be a lot of scope for tax back as the end of the year will be upon us shortly after that.
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]See here [/FONT]

6+2 seems pretty good in these times. I know of a few companies just giving stat requirements. 4+2 seems to be the average.

Back