Beach holiday destination Oct-Nov Worldwide

Freddie

Can anyone recommend a beach holiday destination anytime from the start of Oct to the end of Nov. I'll be going for a month.

Looking for a backpacker type location(travelling solo) with sun sand and maybe surf. So not the Canaries or any package holiday destinations.

Anyone been to South America(Brazil), Malaysia at this time?

I'd prefer to go somewhere outside Europe, at the time I want to travel I'd probably have to. Distance and cost aren't a factor.

Even if people just give a one word reply with a country they've been to around these times that would be great.

Thanks

Goa in India that time of year is great: temp in the low 30's not to humid and little rain (did not rain at all when I was there 2 years ago.) People and food are fantastic and flights can be cheap if you book in time. Very backpacker friendly if that's your choice as they cater for all budgets.

Vietnam/ Cambodia/ Laos are also great this time but best to keep north for the good weather as you could be unlucky and get caught in a monsoon which generally only last a few hours or a couple of days at worst.

Mexico is also an option.

While it may be a little more expensive to fly to the above destinations you save on just about everything else (with the exception of the accommodation but if your budegting then there is plenty of choice) compared to other European destinations.

Enjoy!

Tobago. No hurricanes and you can get some good deals at small hotels.

We used to stay at the Manta Lodge at Speyside when we used to go over for the weekend.

Thanks for the replies Creditlimit & BillK. Has anyone been to the Perhentian islands in Malaysia?

Just back from India; although I was not in Goa, I met a few people who were there and they said it was the wrong time of the year (July/August = Monsoon) to be there. They did however say that there was a really good beach and a lot of great cheap bars (about €1.40 for 660ml of local beer) and they said they could see how great it would likely be in the peak season (November - April).

Back