Bathroom remodel issues

alexandra123

Hello,

I am looking for some advice. I got a builder to remodel my bathroom, I was looking for a wetroom. He had to dig into the concrete to give me a flat base for the floor as I did not want a shower tray due to mobility issues. This meant that he had to open the sewer pipe at a lower level due to him digging down into the concrete. Since then we hear everything from upstairs in terms of every time they flush the toilet. Before any work was done we had no issues. The problem was noticed before the tiles went up. I thought once the tiles went up it would be a lot better. The walls are all tiled now and we can still hear everything. The builder says that he put back the insulation that was already there and he is not keen to take the tiles down to rectify the issue. Can someone explain to me what is the normal course for testing such issues if any before the tiles should have gone back up ? Is there anything I can say to him that will waver him to fix the issue? What needs to be done to fix the problem?

Thanks in advance

Back