Basic equity portfolio spreadsheet

setanta1

Hi all
I recently started dipping my toes in equity markets via an online share dealing account.
I will not be an active trader, I intend to buy and hold.
I'm looking for a link to a (free) spreadsheet that will help keep track of investments. I could probably knock something up myself, but as a newbie I think I might not be aware of all of the angles to be covered.
Any steers would be most welcome.
Thanks

Google "Basic equity portfolio spreadsheet" and you'll find plenty for ideas.

But do the spreadsheet yourself so you know how it works :)

You can set up a portfolio on google finance. You tell it how many shares you have and you can view the value of the portfolio. I think it also adds dividends if they are paid.

To first analyse the stocks a bit, you could use something like the "stockanalyzer" you find here www supersoftbox com It's wise to have a look at the return versus the different risk meassures for the stocks.

Google Docs Spreadsheets

I've been looking at spreadsheet templates in Google docs and google have a lovely one that can pull the prices from google Finance with minimum fuss .

a search in google docs templates should bring you to it. "Stock Portfolio Tracker (live, with charts)"
Save it under your own name and it's a good starting point for a portfolio spreadsheet ! (I think ! )

the google docs "Stock Portfolio Tracker (live, with charts)" dosnt appear to do ISEQ quoted companies

Back