Bank want to see 6 months Credit Card Statements?

DV2013

What is a mortgage underwriter looking for when they look over my credit card statements? Are they mostly interested in whether or not I clear my balance each month or are they likely to comment on the amount I spend? I recently had a lot of expected costs, way above my typical monthly costs and income, due to moving house and having to pay for a lot of one off services and replacement items. I used my credit cards to pay for these but I always paid them off each month from my savings, i.e. no interest charges. Might this still be an issue?

They could be looking for anything, a bad spending pattern. You pay off your credit card so that's good. Hopefully you don't have payments to betting/gambling entities.

"Hopefully you don't have payments to betting/gambling entities. " "

This will have no bearing if it is obvious you can afford the amounts you bet.

This will have no bearing if it is obvious you can afford the amounts you bet.

If I recall correctly here on AAM posters mentioned that payments on the bank accounts to gambling organisations give you a bad mark when looking for loans but I'm open to correction on this.

Somebody (Conor Pope?) was on Today FM recently talking about this very thing, he said lenders do "forensic" investigations on statements, and if they see gambling, betting or late night withdrawals on Grafton street a few times a week they will use this info to refuse loans.

betting is a big problem with mortgage providers, they worry about you getting carried away they dont care if its not much at the moment

I cant think youll have any problems just paying for normal stuff though

Back