Bank sale, house vacant 2+ years. Electricity /LPT /taxes etc?

ce2016

Interested in a house that I've viewed. EA says it's a bank sale, house unoccupied over 3 years and last tenants rented the place. Electricity turned off. I'm reading that it's €2000 to reconnect. There's houses to the left and right of it so I'm guessing it shouldn't take a lot of work to reconnect, anyone know more about this?

Also if I were to buy, am I liable for past LPT, household charge & other taxes/bills /charges that possibly were unpaid? Is that for my solicitor to find out?

I am aware of a person who recently went through a bank sale, it can be a long drawn out process up to 8 months. You will not be liable for any past charges such as NPPR property taxes etc, your solicitor will be checking all of those for you.

regarding reconnecting the electricity, yes its expensive it it has been disconnected for over two years, you have to get electrician to produce safety check etc https://www.esbnetworks.ie/existing-connection/reconnecting-supply

Thanks I'm reading about some people who have been disconnected 2+ years getting charged €2000 while others pay anything from €79 to €300/€400. Guess it depends on the amount of work involved. In my ignorance, I thought it would be just a case of flicking a switch back on again!

Thanks I'm reading about some people who have been disconnected 2+ years getting charged €2000 while others pay anything from €79 to €300/€400. Guess it depends on the amount of work involved. In my ignorance, I thought it would be just a case of flicking a switch back on again!

How old is the house? it really depends the state of the existing connection point, if house is fairly new it most likely wont have to be replaced and you just pay the connection fee after electrician has given it clean bill of health.

Think it was built mid 90's. So I'd imagine it may not be a major job to reconnect it. But, as you say, depends on the state of wiring etc.

Back