Bank processed same ATM transaction for 200 euro twice over weekend

gearoid

I'm a BOI customer. I just spotted that I have an ATM transaction with another bank processed twice. As it is for 200 euros I'm very concerned. Who do I contact, my own bank or the other bank?
Thanks
Gearoid

I would hold off for a day and check your online banking again.I have noticed a few times on my online banking what looks like a double posting but on rechecking the next day all was as it should be. This would not show on your subsequent statement. It appears to be a posting issue within the bank.

This has happened me a few times with BOI and I have panicked when I checked my account online. The situation has always rectified itself within a day or so. Hopefully it will be sorted out for you.

I've seen this happen. I'm assuming you see it online?

Its because BOI have an appalling poor system. Basically at a certain time each day they try to sync 2 systems together. It can end up with you seeing transactions in & out twice. It should be rectified by later that day/early next morning.

I've raised this with BOI, but they dont have any solutions to this third world online banking they use :(

I see this quite often myself with BOI online banking (the same ATM withdrawal appears twice in online banking). It usually sorts itself out the next day.

Yep, it is amazing that such a big bank would have such a poor system :)

Back