Bank of Scotland plastic card

Status
Not open for further replies.
You/they posted on 6 March and you/they are expecting a response by March 9?

I would imagine they will write to whoever to inform them if they have been accepted.

They will first ring you to do some secuirty checks and a few days later you will receive your card followed on by your PIN.

CCOVICH said:
You/they posted on 6 March and you/they are expecting a response by March 9?

I would imagine they will write to whoever to inform them if they have been accepted.

People can get loan approval these days in a few minutes. Can't blame me for thinking a cc aplication could be just as quick.

Mimi

mimi rogers said:
Bank of Scotland have gotten back and are looking for more info. I presume that's a good sign.

Mimi

Can I ask what kind of info? I'm still waiting to hear about mine!

I applied for one on the internet about 3 weeks ago and didn't send any documentation. I got a letter last week looking for an original bill & a photocopy of my passport or driving licence. They said they had already confirmed one proof of address for me (I presume they did a credit check). I posted what they were looking maybe on Thursday or Friday and got my original bill back in the post yesterday with a letter to say they will be in contact with me shortly.

alpha said:
Has a homemaker any chance in getting a credit card?

Can you get a card on your partner's account (in your own name of course)?

Or does this query relate to the BoSI plastic card specifically?

I just thought that a homemaker could apply themselves. Yes it is in relation to BoSI but the question could apply to all credit card providers I guess.

From [broken link removed]:

If you're over 18, permanently resident in the Republic of Ireland and receiving a regular income; you can apply for PLASTIC.

And this is pretty much the same for most cards as far as I know.

If you wish to discuss the issue on non-earners and access to credit cards, feel free to start a new thread where it may generate more interest/discussion.

Alex said:
that is a long time.

Hmmm it is a long time! I can't understand why because i've excellent credit rating and an excellent past!
Might email them this week and see whats happening!

i think emailing them or calling them is a good idea. i'd make sure the application didn't get lost in the post.

well just some feedback on my experience of BOS plastic card so far....

application was sent and received the card as expected, have made online payments no problem so far. My only problem to date has been with getting my balance transferred from my other credit card. The first time I rang about this they told me they would have this done in 10 days, only for me to ring up again to be told it was cancelled. I've since asked for my balance to be transferred again and was told it should be completed within 10 days. My grief with them is that they're costing me money as I'm still getting charged interest on my old credit card. I'm thinking if its a ploy on their part or not.

My advice would be to keep an eye on them regarding balance transfers. I'll be writing a letter of complaint to them anyway as the call centre doesn't always seem to know whats going on.

marco, what info did you send when you made the application? did they contact you looking for anything else or did they just send out the card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back