Bank of Ireland Memo - Personal Lending

dinaella

Folks, anyone else experianced this?

We are BOI customers for 20+ years and have all our finance with them (Mortgage, Insurances, Credit Cards and so on) and good customers.

We went in today to look at consolidating a loan we had with TSB and were informed that we would not be considered as its now BOI policy not to lend for consolidation where the original business is not a BOI loan/debt. Has anyone experianced or know about this ?

We challenged the guy and he went away and came back with the official memo and let us read through it - he said to come back and apply for a new car loan and should have no problems ... I found this all a little strange.

Well it makes sense and certainly I haven't found any personal touch in banking ever.
They have their criteria and that it...doesn't matter your history.
Of course if you are loaded they will come on all charming like...but one your not its back to business...so I honestly think you are just a number.

However the guy did offer you a suggestion, which is often used for access to medium sums of money.

Sooooo its up to you to avail of it or not.

Good luck.

Even when banks were lashing out money they would be slow to take over a debt from another bank unless it was a viable business account

Back