Bank looking for additional payment when mortgage arrears agreement in place

Savvy

I changed jobs middle of last year and fell behind (by 2 payments) on my mortgage(with UB). I was able to start paying additional amounts (about 10% additional) to clear the debt and signed up with my bank to start doing this in January this year and this is being paid.

Today I got a call from the bank acknowlding that I had an agreement in place but looking for me to make an additional payment, saying that it was important that I was co-operating.

I lost it a bit and restated that I had an agreed plan and that this was me cooperating and that I didn't think FSO or Central Bank would be keen on their approach-perhaps a bit over the top for me to state this but I was pretty angry at this stage.

Is it normal for banks to do this? I thought that the additional payments would just continue to be made for the duration of the agreement without this kind of pressure for further payments.

q -'FSO or Central Bank would be keen on their approach-perhaps a bit over the top for me to state this'

Absolutely not!
You stood up to them. You have been forthcoming about your arrears, which are small and you are sticking to the plan.
Fair play to you for 'sticking it to the man'.
Shame there are not more like you.
I would report them either way.
This is the sort of bullying the banks are getting away with.

Back