Bank a/c in Northern Ireland

plant43

Hi,

Is there any banks in Northern Ireland that will allow a resident of the Republic to open an account with them?

Ulster bank newry. Bring a couple of bills and your passport and 5 minutes later you'll have your new bank account number!

you can open a sterling account with aib if that helps!

Northern Bank will also let you open one. I opened mine in Banbridge (close to the shopping outlets :) ) Just had to bring proof of address, id, bank statement etc.

Northern Bank works well if you also have an NIB account in the south. As both banks are part of the Danske group they allow you transfer funds between them for free (just usual exchange rate) and you can do it online as well which is very useful.

Do Ulster Bank in Newry definitely let you open an account? I'd be interested in this. Do you need an appointment?

Does nobody remember the whole banking issue regarding non resident accounts from a few years ago?

The banks might allow you open an account but you may have the tax issues with it. You need to check it from that side of things.

I just rang UB in Newry there. Apparently if you have an account in UB in the South, they will send all the forms etc down here for you to complete in your branch. Makes it much easier.

Back