Bangkok to Vietnam flights

If you check out some of the options in this key post on Flight search sites you may get something.

unable to open this link???????????????

Last edited by a moderator:
Check out . They were asia's first low cost airline and are part owned by Tony Ryan (of Ryanair fame). As far as I know they fly from singapore to bangkok, Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City, so you would proably have to go via Sinagpore; but as far as I have heard it would be significantly cheaper than flying with a national carrier.

For example the 10:40 flight from Bangkok to Singapore on 11 Oct 05 is the equivilant of €43.97 (including taxes!) and the 15:50 flight from Singapore to Hanoi is €57.29. Total cost is €101.26.

Hmmm... just did a price check on Thai Airways , they work out at €145.39 for a direct flight (one way) from Bangkok to Ho Chi Minh City.... not bad, I imagine you'd be willing to spend €45 extra for a direct flight.

The only other airline that flies direct is Vietnam Airways....they don't appear to sell tickets online and seem to have a bad safety record.

Thanks for that info, going to Vietnam in October for 3 weeks , 2 week sight seeing

One week chilling in resort. Any other suggestions would appreciated

Back