Ban Chewing Gum

Can you imagine the reports -

"Gardaí uncover Orbit manufacturing plant in west Dublin"

That'd be funny.

cough

Frankly, the state of our streets is a good enough reason.

Re: cough

Why not just enforce the existing anti-littering legislation effectively?

Frankly, the state of our streets is a good enough reason.

Likewise, that is a good reason to ban pubs

Gerry, you are not in the Dental business by any chance ? :D

eDog

?

Maybe it would be easier if the government (which is imposed apon us) listed the stuff we are allowed to do. Here is a start:

Breathe
sneeze

Can't image the list would be too much longer.

ban em all

Post containing foul language removed. Please repost without obscenity

Shocking

Post containing foul language removed. Please repost without obscenity

The world is a better place with you in it Rainyday. I just realised what I'd done in my last post, suppose a child had logged on and seen "the f word" in a jokey context? Dear God, I shudder to think. In a world with real life beheadings on the internet we really have to be careful what gets posted on askaboutmoney.com.

I was curious to know what real life details the most annoying person I've come across in years had on his profile. And I find 'annoying financial institutions' proudly proclaimed. Can it be he is not only aware of his effect on people but proud of it? Words fail.

The Ban

You could have changed the word to "poo" (dog) instead of deleting the post rainyday ?

Dog poo is dog poo when the owner cleans it up.

It's dog **** when it is littering our streets, parks and recreational areas.

The post also mentioned - chewing gum & cigarette butts (no cursing there though) and the fact that a litter warden worth his/her salt would make a fortune for the exchequer fi they opened their eyes and caught the culprits.

Re: The Ban

Yes, Gerry - I could have changed it, but I'm not here to clean up after you. If you choose to pepper your posts with obscenities, then be prepared to lose your posts.

Isn't it a bit ironic that the most vociferous opponents of physical littering don't seem to worry too much about a spot of the verbal equivalent of littering?

"Frankly, the state of our streets is a good enough reason."

Then we should ban cigarettes too yes? By your logic at least!

Re: Google define: tosser

So far the posts suggest that it's asking too much of people not to drop their litter on the street and that it's big brother government if the sale of chewing gum is banned. This topic is a pet hate of mine, the laziness and scumbag mentality required to litter the way we do in this country is appalling. Why someone can't just put the wrapper in their pocket until they pass a bin is beyond me. I drove past the park side of the hole in the wall pub this morning and the filth left behind was disgusting and its probably the same or worse on the various beaches around the country.
We can't have litter wardens "enforcing existing legislation" on every street in this country (which is what would be needed as this isn't only a big city problem).
We all thought it was hilarious that at the last world cup the japanese fans all brought bags with them so that after the match the could clean up the litter on their way out. To an extent this reflects their culture and Irish people would revolt if sucha thing was suggested to them but what's wrong with just cleaning up after yourself or even "god forbid" not dropping litter in the first place.

Back