Ballymote, Sligo- House for Rent

der69737

Hi

Have to move to Sligo for work reasons.
Thinking about buying a house in Ballymote but will have to rent out a room or two , to cover the mortgage.

Has anyone any ideas about the rental market in the area and what is the average rent per week for a room in a house ?

Thanks

Rental market would be quiet enough, maybe get €120 per week if you do manage to rent out.
Ballymote is off the beaten track and a quiet town.

I'd suggest Collooney or Ballisodare as a better option, or Tubbercurry if your budget is restrictive.

I used to work in Sligo and i would not recommend Ballymote for the same reasons as culchie as well as a few others that i would not like to go into.I recently saw a new estate in Tubbercurry were giving away a new car when you purchased a house there.

Hi,

I wouldn't recommend buying in Ballymote - Not a very nice town, it does not have very much in the way of ammenities - Colloney & Ballisodare are very convenient to Sligo but quite expensive

Tubbercurry is a nice town, about a half hour drive to Sligo - new library and county council offices, state of the art seconday school, good health centre, a couple of good supermarkets and a good selection of shops.

Lots of new housing developments being built at the moment - new houses have rural renewal tax relief (think this is being phased out this July). Personally I would avoid developments on the "Sligo Rd" area of the town, a lot of social housing and a lot of houses rented - Charlestown Rd developments seem to me to be the better option - a bit more up market, more owner occupiers.

Also one of the govt depts will be locating in Tubbercurry in the coming months on a temporary basis before permanently moving to Knock Airport, Which is about 15 minute drive from Tubbercurry.

I have lived near Tubbercurry for most of my life and think it is a pretty good town.

Look into it, take a drive around when in the area next

Back