Balbriggan Rental Market

martykle said:
That link highlights a lot of property for rent in North Dublin but is there a demand are these house being filled espically as far out as Balbriggan?

Can't say I've a personal knowledge of Balbriggan so not of much use there.

With the daft site you can keep an eye on how fast properties (ones in the area surrounding Balbriggan for example) are being taken up [mark ones in the area and check to see how often the add is being renewed and how fast they are being filled]. Most properties will be removed from the site within a few days of being taken so it'll give an idea how long the landlords are having to wait.
Of course, it will be dependant on the quality of the house and the price being asked as to how fast it will be taken up.

If you are buying for investment purposes your FTB status is irrelevant for stamp duty and, I think, mortgage interest relief purposes. If you buy an investment property, however, you lose your FTB status. I've personally decided it's not worth it, but that's my decision. FTB is really only relevant for owner occupier.

Do you intend to live in the property at all, because if so, surely the rental market should be your secondary concern?

With the DAFT site you can get an impression of how many properties are for rent in your area and how long it is taking to shift them, along with current expected rental. If I were in your position, that's where I'd start.

If you're looking to rent-a-room, then that's slightly different. Look at houseshares on daft then to gauge how many rooms are available in the area.

Back