Baggage allowance Continenatal Airlines

Hans

I was hoping someone that has travelled from Shannon to Newark with Continental airlines lately can help me. When I booked my flights in August I thought I could check in two bags but now on their website it states just one bag. Did I misread it when I was booking or have the changed the allowance - it doesn't state my allowance on my e-ticket.

Air Lingus moved reduced their baggage allowance during the Summer and posted on their web that tickets purchased prev would have the old allowance. Then someone in Air Lingus promptly removed the notice. How ever when we rang saying the notice was there and we had booked previously they said that the old allowance applied and the check in desks were aware of this (Dublin and San Fran) which they were.

So ring Cont and check - if you purchased under the old regime you are OK unless there is a 'get out' clause on your ticket (purchase contract)

If you are covered under old (ie) 2 bags/p then get assurance that the returning check in desk will know about it

M

Hello Hans, I am also travelling with Continental to New York, where did you see that they have changed there bagagge policy?

Taking from website:

"Continental Airlines will accept up to two pieces of checked baggage with a maximum weight of 50 pounds (23 kg) and a maximum outside dimension of 62 inches (157 cm) in exchange for the applicable service fees set forth below"

But if you read more that only applies to certain class the last line where it says 'for the applicable service fees set forth below" says it all because when u go to Europe to USA you will see that 1st bag is free and second bag is 45euro and 50 euro at checkin desk. So they make it very difficult to understand.

I agree there website is terrible hard to understand. ( I have asked this question also, only a few days ago)

I am going to ring later to find out

a) How many bags & wieight
b) how much extra is it to bring home an extra suitcase.

Djsim. Did you get through to Continental re baggage allowance. I tried the number but was waiting so long gave up.

Like you Hans, I tried yesteday evening and I couldnt get through, what number did you try?

I still believe that we are allowed 2 bags (correct dimms) up to 23KG in weight. I will try again this morning to be sure.

Hopefully I will have better luck this time.

Back