Badly dressed Irish

Also

Speedos = Bad (at any age)
Burnt red skin - not good!
Girls.......... always always shave the legs! even if you think it's too short to be noticed it's usually not!
Girls if you usually wear say size 16 knickers then why would you assume that you should wear a size 10 top............. in my experience knicker size is actual size!

I saw plenty of "muffin tops" in the last few days - rolls of flesh pouring out over the top of the shorts on either side. An unpleasant sight, and it must be uncomfortable to sit down wearing something that is clearly too small.

I saw plenty of "muffin tops" in the last few days - rolls of flesh pouring out over the top of the shorts on either side. An unpleasant sight, and it must be uncomfortable to sit down wearing something that is clearly too small.

Yup saw quite a few 'camel toes' as well! :D

I saw quite a few men wearing their football shorts out and about - and in these recessionary times why would you buy fancy new ones when there's a perfectly good pair that you use for your football training??

Nothing wrong with that, but recession or not, surely they can afford a shirt of some description. The number of men who walked into our shop without a shirt on, skin bright red and freckled-and a wee bit sweaty looking too-was disgusting. Never mind the effect on the rest of us but haven't they heard of skin cancer???

Well, they were all talking with Irish accents!! They weren't offending me, I was just noticing how badly we dress in the Summer ( I have emphasised 'we' on this thread). Couldn't move away, was resting because I'm just out of hospital and this was my first outing.

Sometimes when abroad you just know by looking at someone that they are irish ,not sure what it is exactly ,sometimes i think you can tell someones irish just by their expression

Tips for guys dressing for the sun:
* Shorts = good
* Remove beer belly prior to getting stripped to waist
* Socks and open sandals = arrestable offence

Tips for girls dressing for the sun:
* shorts / miniskirts = good
* check mirror carefully for four-cheek / four-boobs effect created by optimistic over expectation of fitted clothing
* Kaftans/flowy long dresses = tent
Agree with all except under girls.

No. 1 - after the age of 35 skirts should get longer - not in a millon years would I wear minis or shorts now (I'm 38).

No. 3 - have replaced minis with ling flowy maxis dresses and birkenstocks.

No. 1 - after the age of 35 skirts should get longer - not in a millon years would I wear minis or shorts now (I'm 38).

Dont agree - I am in and around the same age group and whilst I would not wear a mini (never have) I would still wear shorts (albeit not very short shorts) I do think some of the long maxi dresses can be very shapeless and look like tents. Sometimes they can actually make people look bigger than they are. I tend to live in combat type shorts just above the knee.

Dont agree - I am in and around the same age group and whilst I would not wear a mini (never have) I would still wear shorts (albeit not very short shorts), more combat type shorts to the knee. I do think some of the long maxi dresses can be very shapeless and look like tents. Sometimes they can actually make people look bigger than they are.

There is a woman I know who is actually over 60 and wears skirts to the knee or just slightly above. She has a great sense of style and always looks fab.

Dont agree - I am in and around the same age group and whilst I would not wear a mini (never have) I would still wear shorts (albeit not very short shorts), more combat type shorts to the knee. I do think some of the long maxi dresses can be very shapeless and look like tents. Sometimes they can actually make people look bigger than they are.

There is a woman I know who is actually over 60 and wears skirts to the knee or just slightly above. She has a great sense of style and always looks fab.

This is the type of maxi I mean
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/12/21/article-1099544-02D52874000005DC-549_306x742.jpg.

I think we're on the same page about skirt. I wear shift dresses to the knee and maybe one inch above and don't consider these minis.

Same with shorts I wear that type but not very often. I prefer 3/4 lenght combats. I also like 3/4 lenght trousers.

Back