bad ICB - FAO - Sarah

C

Cranky

Hi there,
I got offered an apt last week with Affordable Housing. I have 3k in savings, I will be gifted the rest of the balance and i have no loans outstanding.

I went to Australia in 2004 and missed ONE payment on my CC, it is since cleared but is showing up on the ICB (I got a copy of it). Anyother loans I have had over the last 5 years have been paid every months (some very large ones) with no problems and are all cleared now.

Do you think this could affect my application ie: If i couldnt pay the minimum payment on a €1300 limit CC, would they think how will she pay a mortgage?

Last edited by a moderator:
If the reason for missing the payment is plausible and you've have a good credit record since - the banks giving the subsequent loans will have also checked the ICB before lending - you shouldn't have a problem. I take it the loans you have now repaid were in Ireland?

Sarah

www.rea.ie

P.S. Will you change your name to Happy if you get the mortgage?!

I certainly will if i get it!

Yes all the other loans were in Ireland, with Bank of scotland & GE Money, I have since had two credit cards since then aswell (All cleared now)

I just though affordable housing mortgages as well as 100% mortgages were under strict criteria, ie: NO loans, and no adverse credit History....

Back