Bad Credit Rating

B

BerryHelen

Hi,

I need to remortgage and am about 1200 in arreas - i have been informed that i now have a bad credit rating, i'm going to contact the Irish Credit Bureau to check on my credit rating - can any one advise me on how I can clear this?

You cant clear it as such it will stay on your record for 6 years.

How long are these arreas outstanding. For example if your mortgage was due the 1st may and you haven't paid it yet then you have untill the end of the month to clear it before it is put as a missed payment on your credit rating.

The bank you are with now will of course know you were late paying but anyone else searching will not be able to see when they check your credit rating.

If it is longer ago that these arreas started and if it's just a once off and you have a good history with all your other payments i cant see that having a huge effect over all on your credit rating so i wouldn't worry too much.

You cant just contact the ICB, they wont give you any of your personal information to you over the phone, you need to request your report, send them the fee and then they will post you out your credit score.

Last edited:
Back