Backing Up Business Email To The Cloud

A99

Hi,

I would like to enquire if any one knows of a good online email backup solution for small business.

I have been backing up all my data to the web for over 2 years now which works great, although backing up MS Outlook (.pst file) is a problem. The .pst file on my laptop is over 1GB & the 1st backup obviously takes time, but for subsequent back up my current backup software doesnt only backup the changed part of the file, instead backups the whole 1GB file again, which takes some time.
From searching the web there are providers who do this but are aimed at large companies with 100+ users.

I would be interested in hearing how other small companies / sole traders backup & protect the email data ?

Thanks in advance

could take a look at office365 by microsoft ( i have no connection to them)

1.Get to keep you company email but is all based in cloud can access from any pc with internet connection.
2.get full office for pc and also trough the cloud.
3.if you expand can add and remove employees fairly easily.

can work on same doc as employee at same time with out having to email back and forth.

microsoft provide the service but there are other resellers that sell cheaper. need to shop around. vodafone,o2 and upc all resell the same product.

there are possible other providers doing it as well

hope this helps

regards

joe

office 365 is the way to go, 99.9% uptime SLA, all backed up, 25GB mailboxes with archive also, can access email also using iphone and blackberry, can also use outlook on pc to access email from the cloud, with a cached local copy of data.

it uses microsoft exchange, which is the email system most large companies use. you get a website, team site, 24x7 phone and web support, which is excellent.

also you could add your pst file and existing email to the office 365 system.

bear in mind that .pst files can easily get corrupted, so its best if you kept a few different copies of the .pst file.

you wouldnt have to worry about pst files if you switched over to office 365...

i have no connection with office 365, but have been using it for a number of months.

Back