Baby night light replacement bulbs

ClubMan

Anybody know where I can get a replacement 15W screw in bulb for a baby night light? Preferably in Dublin city centre. Last time I got one in Michael Garry's of Bolton Street but they have moved out to Finglas/North Road. I'll probably try Phibsboro Electrical Wholesale tomorrow but any other suggestions would be great.

I bought one recently (in midlands of course) in a small independent electrical shop, they are difficult enough to find....

Actually they're 7W and not 15W bulbs. My mistake.

Tried Phibsboro Electrical Wholesale and the hardware shops on Blessington Street and North Frederick Street - no joy. The spare parts place next door to the latter hardware shop was closed. The bloke in this hardware shop suggested some place in Mountjoy Square but I couldn't make it over. Might just buy one of the LED based ones from Argos or elswewhere instead since the bulb doesn't need to be replaced and those 7W bulbs seem very flimsy.

Thanks for the comments.

I suppose it's nearly as far as having to go to Mountjoy Sq but that domestic appliance parts place on Nth Frederick St (beside Waltons) might be worth a look. I got a microwave bulb there a while back and they seemed to have rakes of different bulbs... not just domestic appliance bulbs.

I suppose it's nearly as far as having to go to Mountjoy Sq but that domestic appliance parts place on Nth Frederick St (beside Waltons) might be worth a look. I got a microwave bulb there a while back and they seemed to have rakes of different bulbs... not just domestic appliance bulbs.
As I said above they were closed this morning. They were closed the last few times I passed by too and don't open on Saturdays which is a pain. I know that they are still operating because I rang them recently.

I used them with my daughter and I got so fed up cos they blew quite often and now that Roches Stores are gone, they are hard enough to find (in Cork). So now I use a touch lamp, which uses those golf ball size bulbs - easy enough to source. You know the type, touch the base once and the lamp comes on at a dim setting, touch again brighter, again brighter still. Very handy if you have to go into the room during the night. Brightens at a touch so no need to use overhead light! One thing - it is a little brighter than a baby light, so I sometimes put a jigsaw box on its side in front of it - at a safe distance,of course.

Thanks for the tip. We have a lamp temporarily fitted with a 15W bulb but it's still a bit too bright and the 7W or LED equivalent is probably better.

It's probably against best practice fire and safety-wise, but as a temporary fix you could paint a bit of dark-coloured nail varnish onto the bulb (maybe leaving the hottest top part clear)? Not ideal, of course, but much less dangerous than draping a cloth or something over the lamp.

Or this:

Clubman, I found these very hard to get, but got some recently in Woodies.
To confuse matters, Woodies do not put them in the light bulb aisle, but
instead, they are beside the night lights themselves.

The "Lighting Emporium" on Lower Camden street (478 2761) has a good selection of unusual bulbs including many types of low-energy bulbs, could be worth a try.

Back