Avoid Ryanair's booking fee by using shopping centre gift cards (prepaid Mastercard).

ZapaCard (Dublin City Gift Card, available at Ticketmaster) still works, just used it last week.

Their website could give a little more information. Can you only purchase these from Ticketmaster?

Their website is not really meant to be consumer-facing. They provide backend services that can then be used to provide all sorts of gift cards. It seems that so far, they have Dublin City and some other place in Belgium as clients. So you never buy a card from ZapaCard directly, you get it from a Dublin City outlet. Right now, this seems to be Ticketmaster in central Dublin only, yes.

I also use the Neteller Net+ card, and have done so for over a year now, saving a lot on Ryanair charges. The card itself has no fees associated (unless you use it at an ATM). As with Stronge, I keep a relatively low balance on the card. Topping up by bank transfer is free, and if you need to top up in a hurry to book a flight, it is 1.75% from a credit card. However, it needs to be a pretty expensive flight before 1.75% becomes more than the Ryanair charge of EUR 5 per person per flight segment.

The card itself has no fees associated (unless you use it at an ATM).
Is the government tax to be paid ? Can you clarify how easy it is to open and close this as there's no guarantee Ryanair will continue to support it.

elcato if you go to netellers or moneybookers web site it will give you all the info. i have a moneybookers card and if one wants to finish its easy , just spend whats left on the card in any store who accept mastercard , and proceed to leave via the site.

Back