Aviva shares - how to sell

Taxsplaining

I have 300 Aviva shares that I want to sell. The shares are administered by Computershare so I signed up to their online portal but it says that both online and postal share dealing services are not available to Republic of Ireland residents.
I contacted a stockbroker and they said that the value was too low so they wouldn't be able to sell them.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I would go about selling the shares?

Could I sell them privately and send Computershare a share transfer form?

Thanks.

What broker told you that the value was too low to bother? Can't you try another broker?

A local broker in my town. I know him so I assumed that he couldn't do it rather than wouldn't do it. Maybe he was fobbing me off as there's not much in it for him.
Can anyone recommend a broker who would sell them for me?

It was a financial broker. I thought Davy, Goodbody had a minimum requirement amount of €5,000 to open an account and my aviva shares would only be worth around €1,400.

I thought Davy, Goodbody had a minimum requirement amount of €5,000 to open an account
I never heard of that. Davys minimum is 500.
They have minimum fees, so it's cost you a bit to sell them.

Nobody else can sell them for you.

I have 300 Aviva shares that I want to sell. The shares are administered by Computershare so I signed up to their online portal but it says that both online and postal share dealing services are not available to Republic of Ireland residents.
I contacted a stockbroker and they said that the value was too low so they wouldn't be able to sell them.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I would go about selling the shares?

Could I sell them privately and send Computershare a share transfer form?

Thanks.
I am trying to sell Aviva shares but computershare say because I am in ireland they cannot sell. Did y get sorted with your shares

I did. Redonion was correct in saying that Davys minimum requirement is only €500 so I setup an account with them and posted my share certificates to them which now appear on the online portal. I plan to sell them soon.

Last edited:
I am trying to sell Aviva shares but computershare say because I am in ireland they cannot sell.
I recently became a holder of Aviva shares. I just purchased them through my account with Davy. I will sell them the same way when they hit my target price.

Back