Irish Life Health Aviva renewal

nickhx

Hi everyone

Currently have two adults (mid 30s) and two children (2 and 4) with Aviva Health and renewal due shortly at end of December. We're currently on a corporate plan for the adults Health Plan 06 and level 2 family health for the kids. Total renewal cost is 3500 approx.

Wondering if there are any cheaper plans available with similar cover with Aviva? For our renewal they are offering health plan 16.1 for approx 1100 per adult which brings the costs down to 2700ish for the year.

This still feels expensive and thinking now would be a good time to switch to another insurer with similar levels of cover, perhaps laya, to save money if there are no reasonable alternatives with Aviva.

Would appreciate any advice any one can give.

Thanks!

We're on the same plan with similar a family. Dh is paid for by company (~950) I pay 1250 for myself and this year the kids are being charged 407 each :eek::eek:

My plan is to try and upgrade dh plan to one with full private and hi tech hospital cover (AFAIK health plan 06 has only partial cover acc to my booklet) and pay the difference.

I want to change myself to laya simply connect which seems the best according to advice here

And find the best cover for my kids that's less expensive.

Does ypur Co fully pay for your family?

I am also on the same plan and am considering changing to Health Plan 28. A friend moved to this recently from plan 10 (company plan so no personal choice, but the change was recommended by a broker to her company).
There seems to be very little difference in cover from plan 6 to plan 28 but the price is 200 euro cheaper for an adult.
Note - I only looked at it briefly this morning, have yet to examine it properly, but might be worth a look for you both.

Reactions: fun
Nickhx,

Laya plan 'Simply Connect' would be the cheapest equivalent for adults and children, working out at 2500approx.
Any plans cheaper than that would mean taking on a higher hospital excess or dropping day to day cover or both.

[broken link removed]

Regards, Snowyb

That's great snowyb, thanks. If we were to drop day to day cover and/or take higher excess what would be the next best value Laya plan down?

Many thanks!

The following plan has a 300 inpatient hospital excess per private/hi tech admission. Day case 125 per private/hi tech visit. It has very good day to day cover, 1 euro excess, 80 per consultant visit, 40 per gp visit etc. Price per adult; 937pa. Child price; 228pa
1. Laya Control 300 Create.

The following plan has a 250 inpatient hospital excess per private/hi tech admission. Day case; 100 per private/hi tech visit.
2. Flex 250 Explore; price per adult; 854pa, child price; 214pa; public, private and hi tech hospital cover. Very limited day to day.

Note; If you buy Flex 250 Explore online there is a 10% online discount. So a family price works out at 1903pa.

There is always the option to choose different plans according to your needs. As the children are under 6, they won't need day to day cover, so you can mix and match to suit.

[broken link removed]

Snowyb

Thanks a million Snowyb - final question if I may, what would be your current pick of the aviva health plans for adults and/or children? I'm being offered a deal of around 1100 for health plan 16.1 so tempted to stay on that for my wife and I but not sure what to look at for the kids.

Thanks!

This is a very good offer from Aviva for the plan in question, Health plan 16.1, it ticks all the boxes, so you won't do better with Aviva.
The plan you had picked out for the children Level 2 Family Health 299 per child, would be the one I would pick with Aviva. It covers all hospital levels with lower excess for private admissions.
Aviva plans in general tend to be on the more expensive side, so to get a corporate rate is a big plus. At the end of the day, its whatever
company you're happy to go with, or whatever you're used to. There is also the option to choose 2 different companies if it was worth it.

Finally, as a last option, its a long shot maybe worth trying.
VHI have a very attractive half price kids offer, with effect from 1 January 2016. One Plan Complete 151 per child, no hospital excesses, 3 levels of hospitals covered, well worth considering.
The corporate plan PMI 41 15; price 1152 per adult, is very similar to Health Plan 16.1.
[broken link removed]

The thing about it is, the half price children's offer does not match your renewal date, but it is within days. It would be worth a try, if you
wanted to see if they would allow it as a concession. Overall family price would be 2600.

Otherwise the Aviva offer is a good one, back to square one.

Regards, Snowyb

Back