AVC Contribution after Oct 31 deadline

Paye_pap

I made an AVC contribution and had to wait until the tax certificate came through from the pension provider.
I sent through the data to revenue online before Nov 15 by updating my Statement for 2022 online and adding the certificate from the pension provider.
They have told me I was too late and all PAYE folk submitting AVCs should have done by Oct 31st.
Looking online blogs and even the revenue website, I thought there was an extension to Nov 15 to submit online.
It's was a 10,000 euro contribution so I was hoping for a tax refund of circa 4,000.

5 PAYE tax return (Form 12) deadline
PAYE customers who are required to file an income tax return (Form 12) for 2022 and who opt to file online, can avail of the extended deadline for ROS Pay and File returns. Otherwise, the deadline is 31 October 2023.

@Paye_pap , something similar happened to me and a few others. If you complain through 'My Enquiries' you should be able to get it corrected.

Thanks everyone,

Very helpful. Below is the correspondence from revenue when I sent an enquiry.
I have no business related taxes etc just standard PAYE so seems I do not qualify for the extension.
It's a bit of a pain.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I refer to your recent correspondence.

I wish to advise that when you use Revenue Online Service (ROS), the deadlines for paying contributions and making this choice are extended.

ROS is for businesses and for individuals who are registered for business related taxes. Business related taxes include Income Tax, Value Added Tax (VAT), Relevant Contracts Tax (RCT), Employers PAYE (PAYE-Emp) among others.

As you are assessed under the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) tax head the extension is not available.

If you require any further information, please do not hesitate to contact us.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks everyone,

Very helpful. Below is the correspondence from revenue when I sent an enquiry.
I have no business related taxes etc just standard PAYE so seems I do not qualify for the extension.
It's a bit of a pain.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I refer to your recent correspondence.

I wish to advise that when you use Revenue Online Service (ROS), the deadlines for paying contributions and making this choice are extended.

ROS is for businesses and for individuals who are registered for business related taxes. Business related taxes include Income Tax, Value Added Tax (VAT), Relevant Contracts Tax (RCT), Employers PAYE (PAYE-Emp) among others.

As you are assessed under the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) tax head the extension is not available.

If you require any further information, please do not hesitate to contact us.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The person who sent you this reply is wrong.

https://www.revenue.ie/en/tax-professionals/ebrief/2018/no-1902018.aspx See the final point which also says MyAccount, the service for non-business users.

Revenue eBrief No. 98/17 says the same thing.

I'd go back to them and refer to those eBrief numbers.

Back