AVANT CARD SELLING DEBT

I had a missed call from a company called Debitask today. Does anyone know anything about them? Would Cabot use them, or is it just cold calling due to data sharing by Cabot?
Cabot haven't got back to me, after I made an offer to settle.
I'm not sure what I should do, as it's quite a while since my last letter to Cabot.
Should I re-approach Cabot? I have received nothing from them indicating they are using Debitask

Cabot sometimes use Debitask as their collection agents. I'm surprised you didn't receive communication from Debitask advising you of that. I'm equally surprised Cabot didn't respond to you're settlement offer. Re - approach Cabot if you want to follow up your offer and you're sure it's the right way forward. Did you seek any independent advice other than on here?

Seems to be that MBNA moved to Avante .
Then Avante firstly let Cabot manage the debt , then let Cabot buy the debt.Cabot in turn got Debitask to chase that debt.
....................................................................................................................................................................
@ this stage 20% of due debt would be enough , but please ensure the debt is (real). ie Mbna/Avante/Cabot were very good at loading extra charges etc.
The problem with paying Debitask is that you could get into a never ending cycle of small payments and never get closure.

Back