australia via asia

aido79

hi,
heading to australia next year with my girlfriend and stopping in asia for a few weeks on the way over. thinking of stopping in singapore and making our own way to bangkok and flying to australia from there. anyone got any suggestions?

singapore, viet nam, cambodia are amazing. stay away from bali and indonesia-hell holes.
best of luck

ps bring mozzie tabs

Definitely recommend Thailand, Vietnam & Cambodia for about 2/3 months. Heard great reports about Laos too.
If you only want to spend a short time you could go to Malaysia, west to the islands & then you could go to Borneo & see the Orangutans- this was brilliant.

Who are you flying with Air Malaysia are often cheap and offer a free internal flight- I am going to Singapore on the way out and KL on the way back. I personally found Singapore quite sterile when I was there last time and preferred KL. Only going there this time as have a friend living there.

nothing booked yet. just kinda looking for ideas. thinkin of doing a 22 day trip from singapore to bangkok.

use cheap airlines within asia to hop to different countries. asian ryanair equiv's. e.g. tiger air.

As to previous post, some people love singapore (i loved it and went back 4 times), others find it bland.

it has amazing food. great spot.

siem riep in cambodia is good. one day was enough for me though. you can buy week, 3day, 1day tickets. i bought 3day and gave it away after 1day. its a must though.

again, stay away from indonesia (7 of 8 of our group brought their tickets forward to leave early. it's hell-and all of us had knocked about alot).

Hi all, I have a friend leaving tomorrow and staying two days in Singapore. Do those who have been there have anything that they really recommend that should be seen done while they are passing thru? Thanks in advance.

Back