Austalia for a year

TLC

Anyone any suggestions for renting in Sydney - have the travel visa etc. all sorted - off in January. any tips about this appreciated.

it will all depend on how much you want to pay, what type of lifestyle, where you'll be working etc
try and think if someone was coming to dublin what you'd need to know to give advice.

are you backing or moving over fulltime tlc?? most irish there short-term seem to end up in the eastern suburbs like bondi and coogee. alot of landlords in sydney charge backpackers a hefty deposit as places do get wrecked.
i was there 2 years ago and stayed in a nice 2 bedroomed place in bondi and we were paying about $340 a week for it just to give you a rough idea. you'll be coming at a weird time for renting too as people will be there for the summer but will be starting to make their way up the coast.
there was a good place on george st in the city centre called the travel centre (i think) which is a great point for backpackers to find out about accommodation and jobs.

bungaro - thanks for the info - I didn't realise how expensive accomodation would be! Wages must be fairly good if that's the cost of renting, certainly hope so!

Back