Auctioneers fees

T

trish1971

Hi
Can anyone tell me what i should expect to pay for selling my house?
i know this thread has come up before but i'd like to know what people are paying now...

thanks
T

We were quoted 1.5% two weeks ago, including advertising. This was from a one man opperation so no shop window, no myhome advertising, and its an apartment so no board.

Quoted 1.5% aswell. Vat has to be added to this. They agreed to match 1.25% which another auctioneer quoted.

hi,we were quoted 1.5% 3 weeks ago and settled on 1% and have the house on the market since-we went with one auctioneer over 3/4 others and even though this one quoted the highest percent we thought they seemed more professional-and quoted the higest sale value....the others quoted 1% and one quoted 75%.... really glad we went with the one we did as we have reached asking price in the last 3 weeks and they are doing a good job....the one who quoted 75% couldnt sell the next door neighbours house so it made us question paying a bit more for better results-also myself and a sister are selling the house so we are splitting the auctioneer fees which helps in final cost.......

Hi,

I'm paying 1% and fee goes up if reaches certain price over asking price, this doesn't include vat or advertising.

Hi,

I'm paying 1% and fee goes up if reaches certain price over asking price, this doesn't include vat or advertising.

I received quotes of 0.75% to 1%. Advertising Costs were additional and ranged from zero to €450 for, give or take, the same service. 1.5% sounds a bit high to me.

Thanks for the info.. I was quoted 1.25% + Vat. I have another firm trying to sell it but only had one viewing last week since it was put up for sale last April...

Hi Trish1971,

Time to get rid of auctioneers you currently have since last april 1 viewing in 10 months that's dreadful. I had same experience with joint auctioneers and changed to another firm. Housing market is falling and will probably fall more before end of year to sell your house you have to make it stand out and get auctioneer to be very proactive and keep in touch regularly. I have found www.myhome.ie using the featured property for 1 week - you are guaranteed 100 hits for the week - I did this for the last week and according to hits there has been 200 hits a day and get auctioneer to get editorials for you on you house. Best of Luck

Just a quick question re. VAT.

Why would auctioneers quote anyone a figure ex. VAT - it's not like you can claim it back or anything. I thought "normal" members of the public had to be quoted inclusive of VAT on all goods and services.

I'll be approaching a few auctioneers on the next few weeks and I would like to know where I stand.

Thanks,
Browser

It's usually spelt out such as 1% plus vat @ 21%, theres no hidden costs, at least there shouldn't be

We put our place up on daft ourselves, 200 euro, it's on 9 days and has had over 700 online views, we've had two actual viewings, six more arranged for this weekend.

Be wary of Auctioneers who drop their fee to get your business..a friend of mine sold her home through an EA who came in the cheapest after she haggled him down 3/4 times..at the end of the day if they are willing to give their own money away so easily what will these EA's do when they get their hands on your money! The service she received was very poor and in the end she felt that she could have got 10/15k more for her property. Cheaper doesn't always mean better I guess is what I'm trying to say. BTW I'm not an EA.

In the process of purchasing a house the hassle involved with estate agents, they are so untrustworthy and shifty , i am convinced i am bidding against myself for this house, wondering am i entitled to ask the estate agent for written confirmation or proof of other offers?

In the process of purchasing a house the hassle involved with estate agents, they are so untrustworthy and shifty , i am convinced i am bidding against myself for this house, wondering am i entitled to ask the estate agent for written confirmation or proof of other offers?

Hi, I am an EA and therefore shifty and untrustworthy, but I'll pass on my info anyway. Many people are convinced that they are bidding against themselves and it makes you wonder 'do they really think that every house only gets oe interested party?'. What I say to people when it inevitably goes sale agreed is I'll show you a copy of the sales letter of the house that you have lost if it satisfies your curiousity. It's amazing how blunt and rude people can be when dealing with EA's in this situation.

Hi,

Just back to my original point - if an estate agent is charging me 1.5% plus VAT - then are they not supposed to say I am charging you 1.815% - I mean most products and services include some form of tax yet you don't see them priced as such - why would I care about the VAT being charged, I can't claim it back, I cant' stop them charging me VAT, so why would I care - it is like solicitors quoting ex-Vat - they will tell you of course that it is ex-VAT but surely it should be given as a VAT inclusive figure. After all 21% is a big chunk of any bill.

You'll get from my rant that it is a pet hate of mine

Re: Fee plus VAT or Fee inclusive of VAT

I find that most of my clients like to know what the bottom line is i.e. fee plus VAT plus outlays. You give them that figure in advance and, guess what, they quote the entire fee as solicitors fees. No reference to VAT or outlays. VAT is 21% so its close to a quarter on top of the fee.

So when I'm quoting I do break it down into fee plus VAT plus outlays so that clients can actually see the fee aspect and compare it with the other quotes.

mf

I've been quoted 1.5% sole agent and 1.75% multiple agents in the waterford area. Does this sound ok or should I be asking for a better rate? Looking at pervious posts, 1% seem to be the going rate.

lyonsa3 - Depends on the level of competition in the area - where I am it is about 1.25% (+VAT) is what is being charged, plus about €300 for advertising etc.

lyonsa3 I am also selling a house in waterford and i got quoted 1.5% sole agent and 1.75% multiple agents. Haggle. I managed to get it 1.25% sole agent and 1.5% multiple agents

Back