ATM gave no money

P

pth

This morning I attempted to take money from my Ulster Bank account using an AIB Service Till. Everything was normal I could even here the whirring sound as the ATM counted my money - which it appeared to do 3 or 4 times but never actually gave it to me. I contacted Ulster Bank who claim they can do nothing for me but have managed to deduct the requested amount from my account. What can I do about this?

The Machines take totals a few times a day, and the Branch should check these totals when re filling the machine. The amount you tried to withdraw should be the amount the machine was over that day. I would contact the Branch manager, and confirm if the Machine "Balanced" on the day in question. Its the same pricipal as the cashiers in branch, they know what they have in their tills at the start of each day and each night balance the till taking into account the lodgements and withdrawals.

I'm surprised Ulsterbank said they could do nothing. If the amount is not corrected in 48 hours go back and ask for a form (not sure of it's exact title) to be filled out and sent to AIB with all the relevant details.
P

Ring the branch again. This happened to me recently at an AIB machine. I am BOI. BOI raised a query on the machine and my a/c was credited back the amount.

Just kick up a stink about it - they'll give in. Happened to Ms Caveat a few years ago & eventually they credited the amount. Demand that they check their transactions/balance as other posters have said.

It happened to me a few months ago....i'm an AIB customer but it was at an Ulster Bank ATM......i had to fill out forms in AIB, they sent them on to Ulster Bank.....they told me it would take around 6 weeks to be rectified but the money was lodged back into my account 3 weeks later......i really had to kick up in the bank to get it sorted though!

Back