ASUS Netbook Recovry disc problem

nconroy

I have an ASUS eeePC Netbook purchased last Christmas. System started to run slow, so I contacted ASUS, they recommended to restore Windows ( Win 7 Starter). The F9 key did not work, ASUS then suggested that I may have a refurbished net book, which I know is not true.

Anyway, not having created a set of recovery discs (no DVD drive on netbook), ASUS Support directed me to ASUS website in UK to order a set. Website did indeed provide recovery discs, but only for UK postal addresses.

ASUS support response was to send me back to the shop where I purchased netbook. They were helpful, but were unable to source recovery discs, for the same reason I experienced. ASUS did supply a complaints address in UK, complaints must be in writing. They did offer to rebuild netbook to XP, which I may take them up on.

I am suffering some sort of mental disconnect when ASUS support desks send their customers back to retailer, when they cannot provide the solution. I just find this contrary to what support departments are supposed to do.

Anyone have a set of recovery discs for ASUS eeePC 101 netbook?

Try and delete some of the programs that you have installed and do not use anymore. Do this by going to Control Panel >> Programs. It should tell you there when you last used them, also check what programmes are running on startup, these slow system down too.

Word of advice Windows 8 is out in Oct (ish) and upgrades should be only €50, so if you can hold out, you'll be able to download the new OS then and all will be solved then.

Back