Ask suggestion: is Bray suitable for us

B

bluedwarf

Hello guys, hope could get help for this location.
Whether bray suitable for us?
My wife and I are first time buyer and we moved to Dublin 4 yrs ago.
Since I am working in Sandyford and my wife is working in Dublin 2(Fizwilliam square), we are thinking to buy a house in South part.
The house price around Luas is quite high, so we are thinking the place around Dart.
Our budget is not high around 300k.(We hope could finish the mortgage in 10 yrs). I searched myhome and think Bray is a good place.
I have a few questions.
1. How many mins from bray to Sandyford in the morning? especially if I try the route like, dart->blackrock->sandyford
2. Any criminal problem in Bray?
3. Are there any good school for children?
4. Any specific location in Bray you would recommend?
5. Whether Bray worth as an investment?

Any suggestions are really appreciate!
thanks.

Hi

Finnegans bus company run a shuttle between bray and the Sandyford Luas- it may suit you, see: [broken link removed]

Here are some locals talking about Bray, but it may just be on the negative side..http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055539769

This may be better: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055740479

There are some v good pubs on the seafront...house prices are cheaper here..driving to sandyford, depending on the time you leave wouldn't be too bad, straight down the m50 to Sandyford.

That's all I can think of for now,
P

Since when was Ballinteer ever rough?

And I should know, I grew up there.

The "rough bits" were actually across the borders in Dundrum, Rathfarnham Whitechurch :)

I used to think about those places but the hourse price and traffic are big concern. Either close to dart or luas would be my better option.
Thanks a lot!

Is Ballinteer not a bit rough with a lot of complainers out there? ;) :D
Only room for 1, I reckon.
I used to think about those places but the hourse price and traffic are big concern. Either close to dart or luas would be my better option.
Many parts of Ballinteer & Stepaside would be in easy walking/cycling distance of Sandyford Ind Estate, and/or the Luas line. There are some properties within your budget in those locations on daft.ie.

Friend of mine is looking in Dundrum at the moment and is hoping to get a house for 300k I would have thought that was impossible but a lot of these houses are priced at sub-400k and obviously no-one is offering near to that just at the minute. Also keep an eye on Ballinteer as prices are falling there.
How about this?
[broken link removed]
Bit small but might do the job.

The housing market is not going any where quickly, I would spend 6-12 months renting first in the area you plan to buy in.
good luck.

Hi there,

Well I too had similar queries 4 years ago, but i bought in bray and I have to say I love it, I am at the lower end beside the fassaroe exit to the M50/N11 brillant for work no congestion at that end the bray south/greystones much more congested. In relation to crime etc, there are certain parts yes but where i bought its a street of terraced houses and half the street like myself first time buyers the other older people, so really check out the neighbours or even get an idea of whos living near there check out the cars! too many zupped up etc etc, but i have to say really happy there, best of luck

Back