Arthur Griffith Pk - Lucan

emc

I was just wondering if anyone lives or knows about this area. I know that in the past it has had a bad reputation but i haven't heard as much lately. Would it be a decent area to purchase in

I moved to Johnsbridge 5 years ago (seperated from Arthur Griffith by a hedge and a football pitch). Never seen any trouble. I run behind the estate most evenings in the summer and likewise. I get the 25 bus infront of the estate and am usually joined by decent jolly people. On the odd ocasion that I'm allowed out I get the Nightlink back and never seen any ruffians. Every april/may you'll see the locals out cutting the grass of the common area and putting up their hanging baskets. It all seems to be kept very neat and tidy.
I've never wandered in around the estate but from the outside-looking-in it looks fine to me. A call to Lucan Garda Station might help.

jonnyhotspur

I grew in AGP, lived there for 22 yrs, and it's a grand estate. It had a bad rep in the eighties and early nineties, but it's fine now. A lot of of the residents are there 30 yrs, so it's well established. Defo have a look there.

I grew up in Lucan too and while it certainly did have a very bad name so too did Dodsboro before it which is now a lovely mature area just like Sarsefield park also. If you are buying to let you will probaly not have any problem getting tenants but you may not get the best return on your investment here.

thanks very much for all your comments. i'll definatly have a look there. it wouldn't be for investment, am a ftb and it seemed like a reasonable price to start on in the lucan area. as i said had heard about its bad rep before but a lot of the so called 'bad' estates in the 80's have now matured into good areas.

I grew up in hillcrest lucan friends living in AGP it used to have a rep years ago back in 80's but its a lovely estate now the residents keep it very well and often win tidy town awards

What would be a fair price to pay for a mid-terrace house in Arthur Griffith Park? A tough question I know considering how mental everything has gone in the last few months.

Is it still a council estate, or are all the houses in the estate private dwellings now?

It is still a Council Estate. Check out for more information. Not too sure about prices though.

Has been mentioned before but the residents are lovely and they great care of their estate at the start of summer.

There are always AGP houses for sale on myhome.ie. Well there was until I had a look a few minutes ago. Houses seem to be snapped up very quickly there. I would hazard a guess at about €320K but why not ring any of the Estate Agents in Lucan. They will tell you for sure.

i looked at a semi-d in agp about a month ago. 3 bed in decent condition price they were looking for was 275k (god knows what it actually went for). having said that i was looking at another house in lucan this week the EA said he had a 2 bed in AGP that could 'do with improvements' for 260k

They are incredible prices! I was reared in Lucan in 70's and 80's and AGP had a very bad reputation. You couldn't give the houses there away at that time. I would agree that it seems to have mellowed since then.

I currently live very close to Arthur Griffith Park so, while I can't say much about how it used to be (I'm only here just over 5 years), I can say that it seems pretty okay now. While the area is corporation/ex-corporation it is a very mature area, and is in a very convenient part of Lucan (a couple of minutes from Superquinn, and at the start of the 25A route, which means you'll always get a seat on the bus, even at peak times). It's also quite small compared to the massive, sprawling estates shooting up around the place.

As a couple of people mentioned, it is very well maintained, and does seem to have quite a good community atmosphere. Every now and then you see a lot of people from the houses out weeding and looking after the flower beds in the common areas. You know, if you like that kind of thing ...

Some of the terraced houses do look a little small (from the outside) and, given that they're old, may need work/refurbishment but if I was a ftb in Lucan with a limited budget, I'd definitely try and get something there rather than further out like Foxborough, which has a lot more kids hanging around, and a lot less going for it.

There was an AGP house for sale advertised on the notice board in Superquinn last night. No price just a phone number.I'll pass on the number if you send me a private message.

Compare the houses in Arthur Griffith to Foxborough, imo, much nicer modern houses in Foxborough.

You also have to ask yourself, "Why there are so many houses for sale in Foxbrough?". 9 or so at present on myhome

There's no point in having a nicer house, if the estate it's in is poor.

AGP is in a much better location. As said above the residents are proud of their estate and look after it. It's mature.

I'd say the complete opposite about Foxborough.

You've access to more established schools(I'm being diplomatic here!) in AGP than Foxbourough.

Foxbourough is in "Lucan South" which borders Nielstown, Clondalkin

Back