ARF advice - which one?

Is this still available - 105%, 1% AM Fee, no bid/offer spread?

Someone mention AXA at <1% but I cannot find it, anyone see it?

Any others at < 1% AMF?

I think every single post on this thread assumes that the ARF is being provided by an Insurance Company.

Not a single reference to the possibility of using a Qualifying Fund Manager, separate custodian and separate fund managers.

For many ARFs this is actually the best way to go but this option does not get much air time as the dominant distribution model in Ireland is the packaged insurance scheme.u

The real benefits of this approach are most significant for bigger schemes

Typically you would be looking at fees like this

Initial set up fee of around €1000

Annual fees as follows:
QFM 0.25%pa or €900pa minimum
Independent Custodian 0.05%pa
Fund management charges typically range from 0.15% to 0.5%pa depending on fund choice.
If you need the services of a professional adviser these should be paid for separately and not bundled together by an insurance company so that you end up having no idea what you are really paying.

No early surrender penalties, no smoke and mirrors.

If you are wondering why you need a QFM and an independent custodian ask anyone who had their money with Bernie Madoff or Custom House Capital.

I wouldn't be overly worried about the €900 minimum annual fee as it's explicitly stated. But I have found that some QFMs quote charges and then there's an additional fee on top before you get access to the product. In fairness Marc does say that there's no smoke and mirrors with this one, so I'm hoping not in this instance. Marc - if I was to send someone to you can you confirm that the charges you quote are all that they'll pay?

Back