Area To Get "village Status"

shootingstar

got a phone call last night telling me the area i live in will receive a "village status" in the next few months. This entitles people living in the area to apply for planning on their sites (2 houses can be errected on a half acre).

Does this sound right? I own a 4 bed bungalow on C0.80 of an acre and ive always wanted to get rid of some of the land. Thought about putting in a side entrance down along the side of my land, sectioning off the garden giving more area to the piece that i would be selling. Obviously I`ll have to get in an engineer etc.

2 sites/dwellings on a half acre, is this right/allowed?

*star*

Lots of county councils are preparing village plans wherein they will produce a drawing showing where they will accept development in a village. If the area is only going to be designated a village now it may take some time before a plan is drawn up. This doesn't stop you applying for permission for whatever development you think might work now. The plans are like zoning for villages.

If you have public water and public sewerage there is no real restriction on the amount of houses. Most housing estates are putting 8 to 12 houses per acre in for low density.

i have public water but i have my own bio-cycle. I was told that the planning im looking for is called "back door development" and i have a 2% chance of getting it.

now that the village status is coming in, i think it should be ok now?

Back