Area close to Mount Argus Park, Kimmage Upper

eire_girl

Anybody knows this area? I went to around to get a feeling of the area. I have the feeling that traffic out of Mount Argus road must be bad in the mornings.
Bus stops are close, but from Mount Argus Road to get to the stop in Kimmage Road you have to walk around a park, and through the gate of the church in a bit isolated area in evenings.
Also I heard that the closest supermarket is Supervalue in Sundrive Rd.
Any insight will be appreciated.

Grand area. There's no real issue with traffic leaving Mt Argus to join the Lwr Kimmage Rd as there never seems to be too many coming out at once. Lwr Kimmage Rd itself can be slow going from 7.45 onwards
I walk through the Church Grounds regular and have never noticed any issues. You can also go to the Bus stop via the park itself, closer to Sundrive Junction so as to avoid walking through the Church grounds.

There's occasional drinking going on in the park especially during the Summer...you see the bottles left around the park benches. Young lads and lassies mainly.

Supervalu is indeed the closes supermarket. After that it's a drive to Rathmines, Ashleaf, Crumlin Rd shopping Centre or Terenure.

Grand area. There's no real issue with traffic leaving Mt Argus to join the Lwr Kimmage Rd as there never seems to be too many coming out at once. Lwr Kimmage Rd itself can be slow going from 7.45 onwards
I walk through the Church Grounds regular and have never noticed any issues. You can also go to the Bus stop via the park itself, closer to Sundrive Junction so as to avoid walking through the Church grounds.

There's occasional drinking going on in the park especially during the Summer...you see the bottles left around the park benches. Young lads and lassies mainly.

Supervalu is indeed the closes supermarket. After that it's a drive to Rathmines, Ashleaf, Crumlin Rd shopping Centre or Terenure.

Hi Delboy, many thanks for your reply. I´ll check out the walk to the bus stop you suggest and walk to Sundrive to get a better feel for the area.:)

Back