AIB Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?

They said there was a max 10 day turn around for the cheques once they received the form

Still waiting on letters relating to 2 mortgages. Nothing again today by postman. So will be Monday at the earliest. A full week later than end of August.

Has anyone that had to return the Payment Form in order to get their cheque got their cheque yet? I returned mine last Friday and rang yesterday, they said it would be another 5 business days.

When returning the Payment Form I included a new complaint, well, one I had included in my submission to BDO. The guy I talked to had no visibility of that, there was no new complaint on my file. He said maybe ring back in a week or so if I dont get a letter ackowledging receipt of the complaint.

I posted mine back last Thursday and have received nothing back, although they did say up to 10 working days to re-issue. I also logged submitted a complaint, although not to the FSPO Mortgage Review Team, but to the general customer complaints.

Still received nothing, if it arrives next week with an august date on it I'll be submitting a complaint to CBI to investigate if AIB are issuing documentation and back dating it.

Has anyone that had to return the Payment Form in order to get their cheque got their cheque yet? I returned mine last Friday and rang yesterday, they said it would be another 5 business days.

When returning the Payment Form I included a new complaint, well, one I had included in my submission to BDO. The guy I talked to had no visibility of that, there was no new complaint on my file. He said maybe ring back in a week or so if I dont get a letter ackowledging receipt of the complaint.
I returned my payment instruction form last Thursday and called the helpline yesterday for an update. A nice chap advised that they had recieved the form last friday and it would be up to 10 working days (from receipt of form) before a cheque would be issued. He did say that they received a lot of payment instruction forms over the last two days but because mine was one of the first back, it might be processed quicker. I'm really not expecting anything back until the end of next week at the earliest.

I rang the "helpline". I told them the delay was unacceptable. I told them I received post from the local county council dated the 3rd this morning (which is true!) And therefore I simply don't believe that it was posted Wednesday as they stated.
I said that I wanted a scanned copy of the letter sent to me today. She initially said that she was unsure if "they had the facilities to do this" but I pushed straight back and said there was no way there wasn't a copy of that letter on a computer and it simply had to be attached to an email and sent. She muttered something about security but I guess since I already verified who I was she wasn't picking that as the hill to die on.

I'll let ye know if I get mail!

They also told me it has been posted Wednesday. And prior to that had assured me it had been sent out last Monday. Still no sign of it.

It’s simply lies.

Still no sign here either. Just off the phone to the helpline ... advised I would have it Monday at the latest ... I wasn’t polite today I asked them for a copy of the letter, told some spiel that they don’t have access to that system but I made the point that if the letter was issued along with the cheque it had to be recorded on some system. The man clammed up said he would “run a search” and call me back because the search takes 15 minutes... will let you know if anyone comes back to me, I won’t hold my breath

Phoned me back with the figure, claim it’s in the post but they couldn’t confirm what address it’s posted too or what date it was sent ... hopefully next week.

Its hard to understand how the team put together to provide phone support can't at least understand how their system works regarding addresses.

In some cases, like mine, when you ring up you have to give them your old address (where you moved from, having taken out a new mortgage for your current home), despite the fact that all correspondence is coming to the new home, the right address.

In other cases, people are being told the cheque went to the old address.

So people that haven't got the cheque are understandably confused as to which address it might be sent to, and the support team don't seem to have a rashers.

Hi all, can anyone advise if there is any tax to be paid on the payment from AIB? From our personal circumstances we also received TRS on our mortgage interest payments, any risk that this would need to be partially refunded due to interest refund on capital write down?
Thanks!
I think precedent applies here. Other banks issued redress settlements in the early days of TME with a deduction for excess TRS but, whether the Central Bank told them to back off or not I do not know, ultimately, TRS is the banks liability, not the mortgage holder's. Besides, banks are primarily responsible for TRS deductions, not the mortgage holder. From what I know you can take it there is an indemnity for the mortgage holder against any TRS implications.

Not sure if anyone is interested but I got a call back to tell me they couldn't send the letter because of security reasons.
I said that they were sending letters with large cheques out by regular post (to incorrect addresses!) and surely if security was paramount, they would be sent by registered post.
I was told they don't have the encryption software to allow them to do it!
She then dropped the bombshell that it wasn't in fact posted at all, my letter was being sent today.
I told her I was told that Monday, Wednesday and now today and it was totally unacceptable.

Ironically, she said my letter was delayed because the address was corrected to Number 25. I told her that I was asked LAST WEEK if I wanted it corrected and I said "no" as I didn't want it delayed, but they went ahead and did it anyway.

An utter disgrace.

Not sure if anyone is interested but I got a call back to tell me they couldn't send the letter because of security reasons.
I said that they were sending letters with large cheques out by regular post (to incorrect addresses!) and surely if security was paramount, they would be sent by registered post.
I was told they don't have the encryption software to allow them to do it!
She then dropped the bombshell that it wasn't in fact posted at all, my letter was being sent today.
I told her I was told that Monday, Wednesday and now today and it was totally unacceptable.

Ironically, she said my letter was delayed because the address was corrected to Number 25. I told her that I was asked LAST WEEK if I wanted it corrected and I said "no" as I didn't want it delayed, but they went ahead and did it anyway.

An utter disgrace.
@Shay75 I went to a branch to change my correspondence address, it was the address that I have not lived at in 12 years ago.
I had to tell the branch they needed a copy of my ID. That application to change address was denied because it was a joint account, we both had to give permission. We sent a letter advising of the address change. I made 4 subsequent calls and the address wasn’t changed... on the 5th call I had to be abrupt to get it sorted. Even today they gave me the figure after much arguing but couldn’t confirm the address the letter was posted too ... what a system. If I was a day late with my mortgage payment &tried that stunt “it’s in the post” they wouldn’t be long hounding me:mad:

In fairness they cant really be blamed for not sending a cheque to what they know was an incorrect address.
Data protection requires them to keep customers information up to date, when they knew something was incorrect they were obliged to act on it.

My husband had similar on the phone today.... we have now rang Monday Wednesday and today... told Monday And Wednesday cheque had been sent And on both occasions to just wait a couple more days! and then today he said it ‘should’ have been sent Monday but could not confirm if it actually had been or not as he couldn’t see it on the system! Husband asked for the issue to be escalated to management as if it was sent then where is it and if it wasn’t sent then why the delay! What an absolute joke! Feel sorry for the staff on the helpline, we are trying to be polite and professional but I have to say AIB are slowly draining the politeness out of us at this stage!

This is extremely frustrating. I have been on the phone every day, eventually on Wednesday I spoke to a very helpful guy who said it was now “escalated” and would be posted the next day. Rang yesterday was told it was going in the post rang again today and was told it would be in todays post. The girl I spoke to today said I would have it be the end of next week

In fairness they cant really be blamed for not sending a cheque to what they know was an incorrect address.
Data protection requires them to keep customers information up to date, when they knew something was incorrect they were obliged to act on it.

If that is the case, then they should say so. They didn't. Instead, they asked me, giving me the option and asked me if I wanted it sent to the neighbours. I said "don't change it". They did it anyway.

In relation to data protection, it seems that they only care about it when it suits. They have fired out letters with cheques to the wrong address for many others. They should also be sending them by Registered Post to ensure that the details remain safe.

In relation to data protection, it seems that they only care about it when it suits. They have fired out letters with cheques to the wrong address for many others
They can only send it to the correct address if the customer keeps their contact details up to date. If they have never been informed of a change of address they can only send it to the address they have on file.
Anyway, your anger is being focused in the wrong direction.
Complain to CBI that AIB set a deadline to resolve the situation, failed to meet the deadline and also that the information being given out on their "helpline" is inaccurate.... I'd go so far as to say people are being lied to when they call the helpline

Back