Are individual Car leases available

portboy

Don't know if this belongs in this section or in the Money section, anyway...is it possible to get a lease on a car here as an individual as opposed to part of a fleet ? Don't want HP but want a good car that I can hand back in 3 or 4 years and get another brand new one without taking the hit on depreciation. Looking for something similar to what is done in the UK

I know Joe Duffy was doing lease type deals on new BMWs. Don't know how efficient they were or the full details but they might fit your criteria.

The short answer is yes. By co-incidence I've used Joe Duffy leasing (I think they may be called something different now): they're not tied to BMWs, they'll do pretty much any make you want.

I'm not sure you'd save much going that route: the main advantage I'd see for an individual is you don't have the problem of either selling or trying to get a decent trade-in when the lease is up: you just hand it back.

Some main dealers are doing deals now (similar to those they've had in the UK for years) where you make monthly payments then when the term is up have the option of (a) handing it back (b) purchasing it at some residual figure agreed at the start or (c) trading it in, again at the residual figure agreed. That might be a better option, as there's built-in flexibility and an assurance on future value (assuming you don't trash the thing in the meantime).

Back