Architect in Tralee

Status
Not open for further replies.

jumper1

Hi All, am thinking of building a new house around the Tralee area in Kerry . Would anyone know of a good Architect or had experience of using a good architect in this area .

thanks , Jumper

I know of two architects

One is Williams...lives in Camp and the other is Stephen O Sullivan.

They are both properly qualified architects as in RIAI registered and can sign certificates of compliance etc.

It only takes a little look around Tralee to see there are ALOT of non qualified architects working around the area.

You pay peanuts you'll get monkeys

I have found in the past it very much depends what you are looking for, if you are looking for imaginative design that can sometimes be difficult to find, if you are just looking for someone to draw up standard enough plans and submit for planning that another situation and finally when it comes to supervising the construction I have found the architects are not always the best. They are more inclined to be the 'ideas' people while engineers are better at the practical side. I had plans drawn some years ago by an architect for a small extension who as he handed them to me said, there you are but I dont know how you'll build it. Not the most helpful comment. Luckily my builder figured out how to build it but a lot of use that architect would have been to supervise. This is a fairly generalised comment I know before any archtiects or engineers out there attack. There are lots of people in the Kerry area who might suit your needs but it is probably difficult to find them if you are not from the area.

Folks, Looking to hire a contractor to build my house in Tralee. Any recommendations. Builder recommentations would also be greatly appreciated. thanks a mill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back