approx year old ulster bank, bank draft

evosteo

hi all, first post here. im wondering if somebody could clear this up for me. i found an old ulster bank, bank draft in my name with a few quid on it, its dated feb 2014, would there be any issues going to the bank tomorrow and lodging this to my account?

From memory I don't think a bank draft goes out of date. There person who purchased it to give to you was not the "drawer" the Ulster bank was, so technically they can re-date it.

You shouldn't have an issue but if you do, UB should be able to change the date for you as it will still be showing on their books an not being paid. Bear in mind that the requirement for a cheque to be presented within 6 months of the date on them is not enshrined in law. It is banking practice to meet a requirement that a cheque should not be in circulation for an unreasonable period of time.

You shouldn't have an issue but if you do, UB should be able to change the date for you as it will still be showing on their books an not being paid. Bear in mind that the requirement for a cheque to be presented within 6 months of the date on them is not enshrined in law. It is banking practice to meet a requirement that a cheque should not be in circulation for an unreasonable period of time.
A Bank Draft never goes out of date.

Back