Approx Cost of Bag of Wood Chipping

dublinflyer1

Just wondering what is the approx costs of a bag of wood (bark) chippings for a garden in the likes of Atlantic Homecare or B&Q. Ive tried their websites but found nothing?

I beleive they are around €6.99 a bag, but often they have a 3 for the price of 2 deal. Woodies usually do anyway, the brand that they stock curently is Hortons. I got 12 bags about a month ago, and its good quality.

Atlantic have "Erin" brand wood chippings at 3 for 2.
Just put them down yesterday, it looks great!

My local Space DIY Store (Roscommon) has an offer on, bags are €7.99 each or 5 for €25

Beware of woodlice with this stuff though - it can get messy.

Spray occasionally with WD40 to keep them at bay.

(Remember My Big Fat Greek Wedding and the father's over-reliance on Windex to solve every ill or problem? I'm starting to get like that with WD40)

wickes sells bags of wood chip mulch for approx: 5.05cent a litre. 3 x 90 litre bags for 15 euro

I am looking for a large amount of bark mulch at the moment. I tried yellow pages under "topsoil" and there are some companies out there supplying large bags of bark. Tully's nurseries in Ballyboughal are doing 3000litres for about €220. If anyone has come across anything cheaper - I'd appreciate hearing about it!

Back