Appointment for PSC

I'm in the process of getting set up with REvenue comissioners & ROS.ie & I have my unverified GovID already however to get it verified I am being prompted to get a Public Service Card as a prerequisite for verification. I had understood that this mandatory prerequisite was only allowable for transactions with the department of social welfare.
Am I missing something here?

The wait list seems to be inordinately long so if there's a workaround for verifying GovID - that'd be preferred.

2022-09-09 16_08_31-MyGovID - Verify Your Account.jpg

My sister went to the Intreo in Tallaght today. Told its walk in only no apts.

We are trying to complete an Enduring Power of Attorney which requires a govid a/c which has to be verified. Which requires a public service card.

She took half day from James Hospital took luas up. When she went to customer services they said they were too busy and was not seen. Advice to go elsewhere on another day. It might be better to provide apts to those working full time, as it would appear the expectation of a walk in clinic is not working.

The effort and time to follow the DSS process is a nightmare

It might be better to provide apts to those working full time, as it would appear the expectation of a walk in clinic is not working.
Walk in only is not a great system at all.

I had the same experience in Dun Laoghaire, arriving there at 11 am to be told they can only do so many every day and with those already in the queue that number would be met.

I went down again at 08:30 another day and queued up outside in the rain. By the time they opened at 09:15 there were at least 30 people waiting. Anyway I got in and everything was done and was out around 10:30.

Des it certainly isnt working. The least they should do is update their websites and inform all relevant agencies directing ppl to walkins . What actually to expect.

Interestingly, after being told walk in Tallaght couldnt see her..She emailed the Cork street office who told her that she will have to turn up to their office in person with necessary and they will give her a time to come back another day??!!!

Back