Apartment above mine subject to Court Order. Mgt Co not Enforcing

I have to say Complainer that there is a good portion of what you've said on askaboutmoney I haven't agreed with but I do agree with the advice for mercman to get involved in the management company as a resident. That way OP you can put your situation to other residents and you might get a mojority decision to enforce the order against this property owner.

Perhaps Complainer after thinking about it. I am not a full time resident there, just a part time occupier and family when in Dublin for business etc. Had a tenant from an Embassy previously but they left as the noise was too intense. This is ongoing for over three years and whilst others state that I should pay my MCharges, I say for what. After hundreds of letters and phone calls, it is for me to bring my Solicitors on board again. What a nightmare.

d whilst others state that I should pay my MCharges, I say for what.

Because you're a shareholder in the management company. You own part of it. If you don't pay the charge, how can you expect it to do its business?

I have paid every year prior to this year and it has done me no good. There have been occasions when we have had to move out of our own property as it was so noisy... but the MC still did nothing. They refused to make an inspection.

The MC annual meeting was held earlier this week. As mentioned previously I have not paid my fees this year yet. The apartment overhead has not paid his either for the past three years. A photo was taken of the overhead apartment by a contractor working for the M Agent and yes the wooden floor has not been covered, nor have the marble tiles in the kitchen or bathroom been changed.

And to add insult to injury there appears to be a change in tenants above - a number of students I think. And believe me it is like a heard of elephants walking above me. As the MC drag on and on, I have decided to instruct my solicitors to issue proceedings against the MC to have the Court order implemented. As well as that I will have to get the sound experts that I used previously to undergo sound tests. And the power shower has been reconnected, but according to the M Agent this was not part of the Court case as it was forgotten. The works undertaken at the property are in breach of the lease but this was not challenged by the MC.

Ideas please.

With my main firm, No Not yet as the solicitor that acted for me previously has been off very ill. Mentioned it to the Barrister while passing in the Four Courts and he is willing to act again for me. In fact will do a note to the solicitor over the weekend as this has gone on for too long and the owner above is simply sniggering at the Management Co and myself.

Back