Anyone try one of the "Secret Hotels" in London?

sam h

Many of the on-line websites seem to offer 4 & 5 star "secret hotels" for about £200 for a couple of nights.

Has anyone ever tried one of these?

Heading for the May Bank Holiday - am I mad to wait until the last minute (don't want to lose out if the volcano starts off again!!). Any frequent traveller know if I'm likily to get a good deal or is London pretty much booked out for B.H. weekends?

We did a 5 star secret hotel last year in Hide Park area and no compaints whatsoever.

I would question the savings though as we booked a secret 4 star for next Friday night near St Pauls for EUR 104 and when I checked the hotels own website, same room was GBP 90.

I wouldn't worry about London being booked up. You could always stay in the City area if desperate as this always seems to be quiet on weekends. I'd recommend trying a lastminute tomorrow or even early Friday.

Last edited:
If you do a Google search there are usually tools to crack the hotel...or lists of possible. We use hotwire a lot and the list of hotels and how to identify them can be found on www.betterbidding.com

My daughter used Lastminute.com some months ago and got a five star hotel at reasonable rate. However, it was based in the financial district and was very very quite over the weekend. Doesn't suit everyone.

We've also used Hotwire for London hotels and haven't had cause to complain. The savings just can't be beaten for that class of hotel.

I have used the Secret Hotels deal on Last Minute twice, both for London and was able work out the hotels in advance of booking. Try googling specific descriptions. I think both times we got a good price but London is rarely cheap for hotels.

We've also used Hotwire for London hotels and haven't had cause to complain. The savings just can't be beaten for that class of hotel.

Usually Priceline can beat it but you need to gave a strong nerve for PL. The downside of Hotwire tends to be their fees, much higher than PL. Either way, they're great prices though!

Back